Saturday, March 14, 2009

Holy Words

One of my frequent prayers is the end of Psalm 19:
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

This is one of my greatest struggles. It is when I open my mouth that I find out just how base I truly am. And the meditation of my heart -- ...whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. I fall quite short of that.

Words are tricky. I have heard on several occasions over the past few weeks the importance of God's words, and how we so frequently trade them for words from another source. And of course once that happens, then our trials begin.

And so my prayer remains:
"Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."

No comments: