Saturday, January 3, 2009

I am not a scholar; I am not a writer. Still, I find myself compelled to write about the weekly Revised Common Lectionary texts. Perhaps it is because I did not grow up with the Lectionary, and therefore it holds magic for me. And I do find the Lectionary magical, as the texts put forth are always appropriate, no matter what the circumstances that week might happen to be. I once met someone who is a member of the Consultation on Common Texts (CCT), and he is a God-fearing man. It later occurred to me that a whole panel of God-fearing people striving to promote Christian unity and solidarity is truly a gift from God -- I am grateful for their work and their spirit.

This is a means of accountability for me, as I strive to live my life according to a Biblical rhythm, as opposed to any other rhythm.

No comments: